“I love scrapbooks. They are one of the finest ways of dejunking life and abode... A good scrapbook is interesting and inspiring even to the stranger...Well put together scrapbooks and photo albums have warmed more hearts than any bound book... Without a good scrapbook, much that's memorable in life is forgotten or damaged or lost...."

~ Don Aslett

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

H2H Challenges 1-2-3 and Sketch

I am going to admit to not keeping current with my creation of items for the H2H Challenges but I just don't always get the time I want to sit down and make something.  I actually had that opportunity over the weekend and was kind of in a creative slump, I wanted to craft but had no direction whatsoever.  So I checked in with the challenges knowing I had liked several but not made anything.  I decided to further challenge myself to combine the challenges.  I managed to come up with a 2 page layout, one page that fits the 1-2-3 challenge (Feb 13th) to use 1 stamp, 2 patterned papers, and 3 embellishments, and a second that is my version of the sketch week challenge (Feb 20th).

Here is the first, the 1-2-3 layout of my adorable nephew, Nathan, who is already 1 month old!  I used the retired paper, Miracle to make this layout because the colors worked perfectly!


The second page is my scrapbook layout version of the sketch.  I thought that the vertical bar would be perfect for 2 tall photos. I added a little cluster of embellies in the corner and one additional photo to fill the empty space.  I like how it turned out.


And finally, these are the 2 pages together.  Pardon the glare on the photo, I recently relocated my crafting space and need to find a new photo spot.


 I invite you to head on over to the H2H Challenges blog and get your February entries in before the end of this week and check out all the other inspirational artwork that has been posted!

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout... so sweet... beautiful pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout and adorable pics! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are just precious! The colors in the paper do work perfectly, and I love how you transformed the sketch into a page. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely pages! The colors are so perfect for a sweet baby boy! Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete