“I love scrapbooks. They are one of the finest ways of dejunking life and abode... A good scrapbook is interesting and inspiring even to the stranger...Well put together scrapbooks and photo albums have warmed more hearts than any bound book... Without a good scrapbook, much that's memorable in life is forgotten or damaged or lost...."

~ Don Aslett

Friday, March 4, 2011

H2H Color Challenge and other cards

I love when the Heart 2 Heart challenge for the week is colors!  I love playing with different color combos and while most say the colors aren't always easy to work with, I love being limited to only certain colors, makes decision making easy!  This weeks colors are pretty awesome in my opinion.  Gypsy, Creme Brulee and Black.  Wild, right?
So I thought these would be great for a birthday card with some cupcakes on it so I checked out the Fanfare workshop guide for some cupcake inspiration.  That was how this card came to be!   It took me several tries to get it just the way I liked it, but I'm happy with it now!
Materials:
Fanfare WOTG stamp set
Happy Birthday stamp set
Creme Brulee ribbon
Black brads
Inks: Black, Creme Brulee, Gypsy
Paper from Hooligans Paper pack (Gypsy)
Paper from Veranda (Creme Brulee)
Black and white daisy cardstock

I also made some other cards the other night and thought that you might enjoy those as well.  These use the Sweetheart and Wings paper packs and some inspiration I got from a piece of home decor of a friend.


Notice a theme??

Now go check out all the other "colorful" artwork this week and maybe make some of your own!

6 comments:

  1. Great cards!!! I love the bow on the first one! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, your cupcake card is fabulous! Glad you could join us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are all great! That bow is some kinda awesome on your cupcake card! Thanks for joining us for the H2H color challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Nicole! Looks like you mastered the bow on your challenge card! It looks great! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at H2H! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! Your bow is incredible. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive! i really like that bow on the side!

    ReplyDelete