“I love scrapbooks. They are one of the finest ways of dejunking life and abode... A good scrapbook is interesting and inspiring even to the stranger...Well put together scrapbooks and photo albums have warmed more hearts than any bound book... Without a good scrapbook, much that's memorable in life is forgotten or damaged or lost...."

~ Don Aslett

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Sketch week - Wishes - City Scape

This weeks challenge over at Heart 2 Heart was to follow the card pattern City Scape from one of CTMH's great How-to books, Wishes.  When I looked at the pattern I realized the card was smaller than I had imagined and my first idea was going to need more space.  I had also wanted to incorporate Jeanette Lynton's Color Me Monday combo for this week into my creation.  Well after playing around for a while, I decided to do both!  My first card follows the pattern size 4 3/4" by 3" and does indeed use Jeanette's colors of Chocolate, Sunflower, Twilight and Sorbet.  I used the Petite Perks stamp set available to earn during this Idea Book period.  I do like how it turned out, I used my blending pen to color the flower and butterfly.



But, wait, there's more....I did a second card as well to satisfy the first idea that I had, the one that needed more room!  I converted the card into a 5" by 7" to accommodate my runner girl on her jaunt through the grass and flowers.  I am enjoying using the Splendor paper pack and the designer brads that match - so much that you might just see it show up again soon!



I've enjoyed playing with this sketch - now head on over to the H2H Challenges blog to gather inspiration to create your own art!

4 comments:

  1. I love them both! Great cards! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two totally different cards! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool to see such different looks! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Nicole! Great job! And it was great to meet you at Convention. It was a lot of fun! I totally enjoyed it and wished it didn't have to end. Thanks for playing along with H2H this week.

    ReplyDelete