“I love scrapbooks. They are one of the finest ways of dejunking life and abode... A good scrapbook is interesting and inspiring even to the stranger...Well put together scrapbooks and photo albums have warmed more hearts than any bound book... Without a good scrapbook, much that's memorable in life is forgotten or damaged or lost...."

~ Don Aslett

Sunday, July 31, 2011

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to the August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  The stamp set featured this month is S1108 Wicked!  This month we have over 60 wonderful consultants participating and showing off their creations!  This hop is a super exciting one - not only is it a new stamp for a new month, but also the first one from a brand spankin' new Idea Book!!  I used a bunch of new product on my project and I am sure you'll see a lot more from others as well!

If you have come from Brae's Blog then you are on the right track!

This month's stamp set is all about Halloween.  I wanted to challenge myself to use it in a non-Halloween way and I was thinking Harry Potter but I didn't get that far before getting hung up on Halloween.  My creation is a little treat pocket using the new Decor Journaling Spots.  I tried to use as many of the different images as possible and I also used our new Pin Clips as well as a couple shapes from the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge - awesome!!   Don't mind the lack of decent candy, it was all I had and I promise to fill it with better before Halloween!
with tag pulled out

front of pocket with candy inside
back of pocket

back of tag (candy is attached to the other side)

I took the black tag holder apart and turned it inside out to the solid black side where I decided to stamp the hexagon pattern to create my own background.  Hopefully you can see it in the photo below.
 I had so much fun working with all things new!


Products used (all CTMH except where noted):

S1108 Wicked Stamp Set
Decor Journaling Spots
Pin Clips
Colonial White Cardstock
Sunset, Barn Red, Black Inks
Olive Brads


Now "hop" on over to Shannon's Blog and check out her beautiful artwork for this month!
 If you get lost along the way you can go to Helen's Blog to see the complete list of all the participants this month. 
Be sure to visit all the consultants at their blogs to get some other great ideas! Remember, the August SOTM is only available until August 31st!  Contact me (GrigsterN at yahoo.com) or click here to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

19 comments:

  1. What a great use for the new tags. Cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the new tags...Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Nicole!
    ~doreen
    http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow awesome way to use the new tags!!!!

    Peggy Lee
    (Creative Scraps)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use for the tags. I love your out of the box thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag idea! It would be a great idea in my classroom as a little reward. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea and use of the tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WICKED cute! Not sure why I hadn't thought to use this set with a Harry Potter theme! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous way to use those journaling tags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever to turn those tags inside out! I think the black would be very versatile! Thanks for your cute contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG what gorgeous tags and pockets. What a super darling idea!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete